Of course I say yes, hang up the phone and immediately start hyperventillating. Ok, it could be a calling. Or he could want to see my emergency preparedness binder from my Super Saturday back in October. By the way, why do they call like a year in advance from when they want to meet with you? This to me is emotional torture, plus anyone that knows me knows that I can't stand a secret that I don't know. I always find the Christmas presents and open them. I can't help it!
So, Monday goes by. Then Tuesday, then Wednesday. FINALLY Thursday gets here. The first thing the Stake President wonders is if he and I can "talk. Oh no. What did I do? He starts by asking me very pointed worthiness questions. How often do I pray and are my prayers thoughtful? How often do I go to the temple and other very pointed questions. I start sweating half way through the interview. I start feeling that I need to confess my sins. Finally he just sits there for like an eternity staring at me. Then he suddenly stood up and asked Ben to come into the room. Then he starts talking about sports and the weather! WHAT? Where's his deep questioning? I like equal treatment in our marriage. Where's his sweat rings? Then he asked me if I would accept a calling to be the Stake Relief Society 1st Counselor! At this point I say "REALLY? Are you serious?" DUh. I'm not too bright :) I've never had a Stake calling but I'll do my best! New is not new for me. My life is ever changing. I secretly like it that way, which contradicts my panic stricken OCD-planning self.
Out with the old, in with the NEW!!





How fun for you. Good luck with that. I'll stick with my activities committee.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You'll do great. may the force be with you!
ReplyDeleteWhat is your calling!? You playlist was right in the middle of your post...All I can see is Stake Relief Society.....and that is it. Then I can see "Really? Are you serious" Duh......then it cuts out again.....I am dying to know!
ReplyDeleteI want to say "congratulations" but then we always hear that every calling is important. I struggled with going from 1st counselor in the Primary pres. which is over nursery to now in nursery - HUGE shift! Anyway congrats for what its worth I'm sure its going to be an incredible experience - its so great to take on a new challenge and embrace the sisters.
ReplyDeleteNOT SURPRISING AT ALL! I know you were shocked, but of course, none of us are! You will be great! It was your super Saturday that sealed that deal for the Stake girls. Just FYI~ :)haha!
ReplyDeleteAngie...weird! I guess I'll move the player. It's only in the margin for me :)
ReplyDeleteI am the Stake Relief Society 1st counselor over enrichment!! Should be fun!
Good luck! Being in the Stake gives you some leverage over what your sisters will learn. Have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteRach! Congratulations! You will be so wonderful! I am so excited for you and can I just tell you...I LOVE your blog! It always makes me so happy to hear about all of the fun things taking place in your life. I just wanted to tell you congratulations and I hope all is well. Love you!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS RACH!!! That is so awesome and you totally will be awesome at it! Don't you love change.....well sometimes I guess. :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm so behind on my blogging-today is my catch-up day!!!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't surprised at all when I read this. I can't think of anyone else who would be more perfect for that calling! Only you could juggle three kids, house stuff and a HUGE calling like that! I swear, one of your missions in life is to touch other's lives...and since you're so gifted at this, the Lord keeps giving you more opportunities to carry out His work. Rachel, you are incredible and I'm so happy to be your sister-in-law! I can't wait to see you and your fam in a few weeks! See you soon!