CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Who are you and WHAT have you done with my husband!

Ok, ok. So I won't get brownie points for this post. Ben is the type of guy that fills a room and everyone expects to be tough. But in reality he is a big softy and sometimes does tihings to "indulge" me and keep the peace. 

This weekend we talked about doing black friday shopping. We had it all worked out. Babysitters at 6 am. and had it mapped out and everything. I'm thinking "WOW, my hubby really loves me". He would say, "Yes Dear I do love you" but he loves a good deal MORE. SO fast forward to 3 am Friday morning...2 loads of throw up towels and you've got a completely dfferent ball game. SO what does Ben do? He braves black friday shopping solo! Does anyone know my husband? He doesn't like shopping. period. He got some screamin' deals though!! And I think indimidated a shopper or two to boot! 

So. Fast forward to Monday morning. You guessed it. Ben has the flu. So he proceeds to miss work and gets to "lay" in bed all day and rest. After many times of me saying "dear, really you need to actually rest when you are sick". If you can't tell, he's not a good sick patient. So after a couple hours of not hearing pacing upstairs, I go up and peak in our room...he kind of hid something under the covers and he had a very guilty look on his face! I say "What are you hiding?" Sheepishly he pulls out my TWILIGHT book! WhAt!?! And he says, this is really intersting....I shake my head and secretly make my plans to take him to the movie.

 Honestly, are pigs flying?

7 comments:

  1. That is too funny! ( not anyone be sick though ofcourse!) Husbands do surprise us though when we LEAST expect it. you've got a good man there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell everyone.... Jeff's read all four. He was a little disappointed in the lack of fighting in the last one, but liked all the others. It's got enough guy stuff that he's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hilarious!! Alan read the first one, and wasn't interested enough to read the other ones. Our hubbies are full of surprises :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kev read them all as well. He enjoyed them, he says they were not his favorite, but I don't believe him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so awesome! That was hilarious!! Sorry you all have been sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahahah!! That is awesome! Ben & Twilight, who would have thought!

    xox

    ReplyDelete