CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Niner, My Love

Rachel will regret giving me access to her blog the minute that I embarrass her, so read fast!

It's true that Rachel and I knelt across an alter nine years ago today. The image of my angelic wife smiling at me is burned into my mind - I'll never forget it, not ever.

Our song was "You Had Me from Hello" by Kenny Chesney and the reason it's our song is because it's my song to her. Yeah, it took Rachel a little longer to come around and stare fate in the eyes. I knew that this girl was going to be mine after our first kiss, which I distinctly remember thinking, "Oh boy..." immediately before. Anyway, Rachel completes me, she really does. I'd be a big pile of goo without her discipline and planning!

So it's been nine years and here's to nine more! I think I'll only see my wife grow in virtue and capacity. She continually amazes me with her tireless pursuit of perfection. She works so very hard to keep everything running smoothly and I cannot thank her adequately.

Rachel, I love you, happy anniversary!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Happy Anniversary! It was a lovely day. Happy 9 more years to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben you are a sweetie! You guys are so awesome and I hope you had a FABULOUS anniversary! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Jackie. That is so great that you can publically say such nice things about your dear wife. You are such a great and fun couple! We really should hang out more - let us know when you are up for a game night or BBQ. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet post! I love it!

    ReplyDelete