CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

BLOG FART

So, I have been having a blog fart lately. I just don't feel motivated to blog about the happenings around here. It's busy enough just accomplishing the things that we are supossed to do.

Will a list format work?

Christmas decorations
Temple square lights
Princess's choir concert
Get together with friends
Girl's night out
Ward party
Candy making
Visiting Teaching
Shopping - all done!
Need to wrap
Sub for santa
Bread making class
Helping with family
School class parties coming up
Ben YM's night
Court of honors
Church meetings for both of us
Neighbor gifts
Laundry, laundry laundry!
wedding videos
Our side business
The sitcom "Lost" - we're addicted! Hence why we are so tired, no self control!

RANDOM THOUGHT: As I was doing the dishes two days ago, I had a thought. It had been a particularly crazy day. I really wanted to fix a nice dinner and had been preparing it all day. I had to plan it just right because Ben had Young Mens that night and he only had about 20 minutes to eat and then be out the door. Backing up a little bit, I had been cross with the kids all day. It started with waking up really late and doing the crazy morning rush. I was totally wrong and shouldn't have yelled at them.

Ok fast forward, I had talked to Ben so I could time dinner being hot on the table when he arrived. As I was finishing up and expecting him to walk in the door, I get a phone call. It's him and his meeting went late. I was upset and really rude on the phone and hung up. I felt under appectiated because I didn't think that he was thinking of my feelings. In my heart I knew that he wouldn't be late on purpose, but my emotions take over and I feel I want to blame someone.

So, as I was cleaning the kitchen after having a nice dinner without Ben and then looking forward to a night solo with the kids again, I had a thought. And it wasn't just a thought, it was a whisper from the Spirit.

Very clearly I understood that I need to show the emotions that I'm ACTUALLY feelings. I often show anger when really what I'm feeling is disappointment, fear, or frustration. I was mad at the kids when what I should have portrayed was that I was nervous that we weren't going to be to school on time and I knew it was because I woke late. I was taking it out on them. What I should have shown Ben was that I was disappointed that we couldn't sit down as a family and have dinner together and that I miss him!

It will be amazing if I can put what the Spirit prompted me to do and be completely honest in my emotions and interactions.

2 comments:

  1. I have had many days like that. Well put. It does feel like the kids take all the heat from me when things don't go perfectly. I think that finding out the source of our feelings and explaining them to our kids will really help them better as they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you are a busy woman! I don't know how you do it! I am sure everyone has a melt down on their bad days! But, man, you are such a good example to me! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Spirit on how to handle things correctly! I am going to have to remember this! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete